Tickets go on sale July 1 for the Monterey Bay Aquarium‘s reopening on Monday, July 13.
It’s aquarium members only for the July 9-12 preview days.
You’ll need to reserve tickets on the aquarium’s website for a specific date and entry time.
The aquarium says it is increasing fresh-air circulation and utilizing a positive air pressure system throughout the facility. They’re also limiting the number of people entering the building every hour.
What to Expect
Here is what visitors should know in advance:
- Choose your date and time
- Wear a face covering
- Maintain a social distance of 6 feet
- Stay home if you’re sick
- Hand sanitation stations are stationed throughout the venue
- One-way pathways through the aquarium will be clearly marked
- The cafe will be open but the restaurant remains closed. Extra spacing is in place to help guests maintain social distancing
To limit crowding, the following programs and places are unavailable:
- Feeding shows
- Auditorium programs
- Mission to the deep
- Splash zone play area
- Soaring with seabirds
- Touch pools