Fireworks stands can officially open for sales in Fresno County at noon Sunday.
All firework stand operators need to have a COVID-19 exposure control plan in place and conduct daily screening of all employees and volunteers. That’s the new guidance from Fresno County public health officials.
Fireworks Stand Guidance
All employees and customers should wear a mask. That’s the starting point.
Here are the other requirements:
- Employees/volunteers should work with adequate physical distancing inside of the stand, and limit the employees inside.
- COVID-19 signage should be posted and clearly visible for customers and employees/volunteers.
- Stands should be marked with physical distancing markers for customers and limit people waiting in lines.
- Cashless and touchless transactions systems are preferred.
- If possible, offer over the phone orders with vehicle curbside pick-up.
- All stands should increase sanitation including disinfecting high contact points and payment
Sales Begin and End Dates
The Fresno Fire Department says the sale of “safe and sane” fireworks shall begin no earlier than noon on Sunday and shall end at noon on July 6.