Tate Hill was born and raised on the west side of Fresno. Now he wants to represent his neighborhood and beyond on the Fresno City Council.
Running for the District 3 seat, Hill sits down with Take 5 to explain his stance on some of the issues facing affecting area residents.
Hill is one of seven candidates vying to replace Oliver Baines, who terms out in January. Baines tells GV Wire he endorses Hill in the District 3 race.
Topics Covered in Tate Hill Interview
In this edition of Take 5, Hill talks about:
- Growing up in west Fresno
- His views on a possible parks tax that may be put in front of voters in November
- His views on the Caglia business park project and subsequent lawsuit over its approval by the City Council
- How to expand development in District 3
- His thoughts on the safety of downtown Fresno
Other District 3 Candidates Interviews
GV Wire has also conducted Take 5 interviews with these District 3 candidates:
The remaining candidates include Larry Burrus, Sean Sanchez, and Kimberly Tapscott-Munson.
The primary is June 5. If no candidate earns a majority of votes, the top two advance to a November runoff.