SHARE THIS ARTICLE:

Wake up, Anton, wake up!

Anton Nguyen survived a fire in his home in Brisbane, Australia early Wednesday morning because his pet parrot sounded the alarm. Nguyen was asleep when his home caught fire just after 2:00 a.m., according to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC).

He didn’t hear the smoke detector. Instead, he heard his parrot, who is named Eric, calling his name repeatedly, ABC reported.

“I heard a bang and Eric — my parrot — he started to yell so I woke up and I smelled a bit of smoke,” Nguyen told ABC.

Read More →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

We've got issues, and we're willing to share
(but only if you want them in your inbox).