Thanks to the epic Sierra snowpack, Yosemite National Park is attracting huge crowds to view its spectacular falls.
Click on the video above or at the bottom of this story to soak in the sights.
Tips on Navigating Yosemite
Here are tips on how to better enjoy your visit provided by Yosemite National Park:
- Text ynptraffic to 333111 for updates on current Yosemite traffic conditions.
- Each year, Yosemite National Park welcomes more than four million visitors. During summer, expect extended traffic delays, limited parking, busy trails, and no lodging or campground availability. It’s best to arrive by 8 a.m. or in the afternoon to avoid delays.
- Ride a YARTS bus to enter the park.
- If you drive, park your car for the duration of your stay. Free shuttles can help you get around Yosemite Valley, but they will be full on busy days. You may need to wait for multiple buses to go by before one has space for you. Consider walking or biking.
- Bring plenty of food and water for potential delays and stop and use restrooms when they are available.
- Enjoy the entire Yosemite region. Consider visiting gateway communities and their visitor centers in Mariposa, Groveland, Mono County, and Oakhurst.
- Additional info at this link.