President Donald Trump gestures to reporters as he walks on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, Sunday, April 13, 2025. (AP/Jose Luis Magana)

- President Donald Trump says CBS is out of control and should “pay a big price” for going after him.
- Trump has a $20 billion lawsuit against “60 Minutes” for how it edited an interview with Kamala Harris last fall.
- Despite the legal battle, “60 Minutes” continues to examine the Trump administration.
Share
Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...
|
President Donald Trump bitterly attacked “60 Minutes” shortly after the CBS newsmagazine broadcast stories on Ukraine and Greenland on Sunday, saying the network was out of control and should “pay a big price” for going after him.
“Almost every week, 60 Minutes … mentions the name ‘TRUMP’ in a derogatory and defamatory way, but this Weekend’s ‘BROADCAST’ tops them all,” the president said on his Truth Social platform. He called on Federal Communications Commission Chairman Brendan Carr to impose maximum fines and punishment “for their unlawful and illegal behavior.”
The network had no immediate comment.
Trump’s Lawsuit Against ’60 Minutes’
Trump has an ongoing $20 billion lawsuit against “60 Minutes” for how it edited an interview with Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris last fall. The president claims it was edited in a way to make Harris look good, something the newscast denies. But there are ongoing reports that Trump’s lawyers and CBS’ parent company are involved in settlement talks.
Carr and the FCC have launched a parallel investigation of CBS News about the same case, one of several that it has undergone that also involve ABC News, NBC, PBS, NPR and the Walt Disney Co.
Despite the legal battle, “60 Minutes” has been unstinting in its coverage of Trump’s administration since he took office for a second term, particularly correspondent Scott Pelley. He traveled to Ukraine to conduct an interview with that country’s president, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, on the site of a Russian attack where nine children were killed earlier this month.
In the interview broadcast on Sunday, Zelenskyy said he has “100%” hatred for Russian President Vladimir Putin for the invasion of Ukraine, and invited Trump to his visit his country to see what has been done.
Also Sunday, correspondent Jon Wertheim reported from Greenland on what some people in that nation are saying about Trump’s desire to take control.
In his social media message, Trump said “60 Minutes” was no longer a news show but “a dishonest Political Operative simply disguised as ‘News,’ and must be responsible for what they have done, and are doing.”
RELATED TOPICS:
Visalia Semi Crash Injures Amazon Truck Driver After Red Light Collision
2 hours ago
Evacuation of Gaza City Would Be Unsafe and Unfeasible, Says Head of Red Cross
2 hours ago
Most Trump Tariffs Are Not Legal, US Appeals Court Rules
2 hours ago
New $250 Visa Fee Risks Deepening US Travel Slump
2 hours ago
Prime Minister of Yemen’s Houthi Government Killed in Israeli Strike
2 hours ago
California Schools Reverse Truancy Trends. Improving Reading Scores Could Be Next
3 hours ago
Lawsuit Links CA Teen’s Suicide To Artificial Intelligence
3 hours ago

Visalia Driver Arrested for DUI After Multiple Crashes and Pedestrian Injured

Dollar Trades Lower With Fed Cut In View, On Course For Monthly Drop

Visalia Semi Crash Injures Amazon Truck Driver After Red Light Collision

Evacuation of Gaza City Would Be Unsafe and Unfeasible, Says Head of Red Cross

Most Trump Tariffs Are Not Legal, US Appeals Court Rules
