Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility
SoCal Millionaire Arrested in Wife’s Death After 4 Years on the Lam
gvw_ap_news
By Associated Press
Published 6 years ago on
August 6, 2019

Share

LOS ANGELES — A Southern California millionaire charged with his wife’s killing has been captured after four years on the run, authorities said Monday.
U.S. Marshals spokesperson Lynzey Donahue said Peter Chadwick had been arrested but declined to provide additional details. The Orange County District Attorney’s office scheduled a news conference for Tuesday to discuss the case.
Chadwick, a Newport Beach real estate investor, was charged with strangling his wife in 2012 and released on $1 million bail. He skipped a court appearance in 2015 and the U.S. Marshals Service added him last year to its list of 15 most wanted fugitives.
The Orange County Register reported that he was captured on Sunday.

His U.S. And U.K. Passports Seized When He Was Released

Authorities say Chadwick called 911 a day after his wife Quee Choo Chadwick disappeared from their home and said she was killed by a handyman who kidnapped him and brought along the body. He quickly became the suspect, however, and her body was found a week later in a trash bin in suburban San Diego.
Chadwick was born in the United Kingdom and became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 1991. Authorities said both his U.S. and U.K. passports were seized when he was released on bail.
When he went missing, authorities learned he had emptied millions from bank accounts and said they discovered books he had allegedly read about changing one’s identity.
The Newport Beach police department wrote and produced a six-episode “true crime” podcast last year about the case in the hopes of intensifying the search for Chadwick.

DON'T MISS

Rural California, Reliant on the Trump Administration for Jobs, Braces for Cuts

UP NEXT

Measles Spreads to Central Texas; 5 States Have Active Outbreaks

China Halts Approvals for New US Investment Projects

15 hours ago

Measles Spreads to Central Texas; 5 States Have Active Outbreaks

15 hours ago

Rural California, Reliant on the Trump Administration for Jobs, Braces for Cuts

This story was originally published by CalMatters. Sign up for their newsletters. Far from the halls of power in Washington, the forested ha...

22 minutes ago

22 minutes ago

Rural California, Reliant on the Trump Administration for Jobs, Braces for Cuts

14 hours ago

Wired Wednesday: CEMEX’s New Mining Plan for the San Joaquin River

President Donald Trump speaks during an event to announce new tariffs in the Rose Garden at the White House, Wednesday, April 2, 2025, in Washington. (AP/Mark Schiefelbein)
14 hours ago

Trump Fires NSC Officials a Day After Far-Right Activist Raises Concerns to Him

15 hours ago

China Halts Approvals for New US Investment Projects

15 hours ago

Measles Spreads to Central Texas; 5 States Have Active Outbreaks

15 hours ago

Trump Tariff Fears Erase $2 Trillion From US Stocks

15 hours ago

Startup Offers Controversial Microplastic Blood Cleansing Treatment

Dr. Mehmet Oz, President Donald Trump's pick to lead the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, seated right, gives a thumbs-up alongside his wife Lisa Oz, seated left, with friends and family after he testified at his confirmation hearing before the Senate Finance Committee, on Capitol Hill in Washington, Friday, March 14, 2025. (AP/Ben Curtis)
17 hours ago

Senate Confirms Mehmet Oz to Take Lead of Medicare and Medicaid Agency

Help continue the work that gets you the news that matters most.

Search

Send this to a friend