Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility
Clovis West, Fort Washington Briefly on Lockdown After Another Phone Threat
GV-Wire-1
By gvwire
Published 3 years ago on
February 22, 2023

Share

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

Clovis West High School briefly went on lockdown at about 2:35 p.m. Tuesday after Fresno police notified school officials it had received a phone threat, a Clovis Unified spokeswoman said.

In addition, Fort Washington Elementary was placed on lockdown for about 10 minutes to facilitate law enforcement’s actions across the street.

Tuesday’s phone threat mimicked several others made against Clovis West earlier in the month.

“An immediate, coordinated response with local law enforcement that included an aerial and ground search of the campus confirmed that the school was clear to end the lockdown and continue with regular operations,” said district spokeswoman Kelly Avants in an email.

“We are grateful to our local, state, and federal law enforcement partners who support our campuses every day.”

Normal operations quickly resumed after the all-clear signal from police, Avants said.

RELATED TOPICS:

Search

Keep the news you rely on coming. Support our work today.

Send this to a friend