The Fresno County Health Officer approved the reopening of movie theaters and family entertainment centers and expanded personal care services effective today.
The health department listed the types of businesses that can reopen by agreeing to follow Fresno County COVID-19 guidelines:
Esthetician, Skin Care, and Cosmetology Services
Body Art Professionals, Tattoo
Parlors, and Piercing Shops
Massage Services (Non-healthcare settings)
Family Entertainment Centers
GV Wire℠ contacted a few nail salons this morning that told us they were busy.
Century NailS at Bullard and West avenues was very busy when GV Wire℠ stopped by Friday morning.
Because of social distancing, several chairs were taken out of operation. Plexiglass greeted customers at the checkout counter and separated workers from clients getting their nails done.
Owner Lee Li says he was shut down for over three months. “They (customers) miss us,” said Li. “Every month I lost a couple of thousand dollars. I have three total employees, including me. I had to lay everyone off.”
Fresno County Nail Salon Guidance
The health department listed the following requirements for nail salons and similar personal services businesses to reopen:
- Customers must wear face coverings during the entirety of the service.
- Disposable gloves should be worn throughout the entire service and while performing cleaning and disinfection of all implements and surfaces after each client. Once cleaning is finished, remove and dispose of gloves and apply proper hand sanitizer or wash hands with soap and water.
- Workers must wear face coverings at all times, or a respirator where required. Respirators are required where ventilation is insufficient to reduce exposure below permissible exposure limits established in title 8 section 5155. In cases of chemical exposure, only elastomeric respirators with the correct chemical cartridge combined with a particulate filter are appropriate for use.
- Pedicure bowls must be disinfected with an EPA-registered liquid disinfectant that is labeled as a bactericide, fungicide and virucide. Refer to manufacturer’s instructions on mixture. For whirlpool foot spas, air-jet basins or pipeless foot spas, disinfectant must be circulated for at least 10 minutes. For non-whirlpool foot basins and tubs, soak disinfectant in the basin or tub for at least 10 minutes. Foot-spas, basins and pedicure bowls must be properly cleaned and disinfected after every client even if a disposable plastic liner is used.
- To reduce the number of touchpoints, remove the nail polish displays. In the absence of a nail polish display, use a color palette, which is to be cleaned and disinfected after each client use. If the nail polish display is not removed, nail polishes should be cleaned and disinfected before being returned to the display.
- Consider whether it is feasible to install a plastic partition between the worker and client with ample space cut out where hands or feet can be slid underneath to conduct the manicure or pedicure.
No Surrender Laser Tag & Adventure Park
No Surrender Laser Tag & Adventure Park opened its Fresno location Friday morning.
Face masks are required to enter. If you don’t have a face mask, paying customers get one free.
Hands must be sanitized upon entry and social distancing is encouraged.
The dining room has limited seating.