Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility
Buyers Get Deal on Home of Suspected 'Golden State Killer'
gvw_ap_news
By Associated Press
Published 5 years ago on
December 18, 2019

Share

CITRUS HEIGHTS — The home of a man suspected of being the notorious “Golden State Killer” was sold last month to a couple who intend to live there.
Joseph DeAngelo’s 1,500-square-foot three-bedroom, two-bath ranch home in Citrus Heights was sold for $320,000, a price near the bottom of the market for three-bedroom homes in that area, the Sacramento Bee reported Tuesday.
DeAngelo, a former police officer, is awaiting trial on charges that he broke into dozens of homes across California in the 1970s and 1980s, raping and often killing. Police said they linked DeAngelo to the killings through a DNA database.

Photo of Joseph James DeAngelo, the alleged Golden State Killer
FILE – In this April 27, 2018, file photo Joseph James DeAngelo, the alleged Golden State Killer appears in Sacramento County Superior Court in Sacramento, Calif. DeAngelo’s home was sold last month to a couple who intend to live there, The Sacramento Bee reports. (AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli, File )
DeAngelo, 74, lived in the house for several decades and worked as a night mechanic in a Roseville supermarket distribution center. After his arrest, the house was treated as a crime scene by investigators searching for clues.
The sales price is low but still within the general market price for a home of that type in the area, the newspaper reported.
Real estate experts said it is likely the buyers were informed of who had lived there.

DON'T MISS

Wired Wednesday: CEMEX’s New Mining Plan for the San Joaquin River

UP NEXT

Startup Offers Controversial Microplastic Blood Cleansing Treatment

Measles Spreads to Central Texas; 5 States Have Active Outbreaks

2 hours ago

Trump Tariff Fears Erase $2 Trillion From US Stocks

2 hours ago

Wired Wednesday: CEMEX’s New Mining Plan for the San Joaquin River

GV Wire’s Edward Smith talks with KMPH Fox 26 “Great Day” anchor Christina Rodriguez about the possibility of CEMEX digging a 600-foot hole ...

1 hour ago

1 hour ago

Wired Wednesday: CEMEX’s New Mining Plan for the San Joaquin River

President Donald Trump speaks during an event to announce new tariffs in the Rose Garden at the White House, Wednesday, April 2, 2025, in Washington. (AP/Mark Schiefelbein)
1 hour ago

Trump Fires NSC Officials a Day After Far-Right Activist Raises Concerns to Him

2 hours ago

China Halts Approvals for New US Investment Projects

2 hours ago

Measles Spreads to Central Texas; 5 States Have Active Outbreaks

2 hours ago

Trump Tariff Fears Erase $2 Trillion From US Stocks

3 hours ago

Startup Offers Controversial Microplastic Blood Cleansing Treatment

Dr. Mehmet Oz, President Donald Trump's pick to lead the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, seated right, gives a thumbs-up alongside his wife Lisa Oz, seated left, with friends and family after he testified at his confirmation hearing before the Senate Finance Committee, on Capitol Hill in Washington, Friday, March 14, 2025. (AP/Ben Curtis)
4 hours ago

Senate Confirms Mehmet Oz to Take Lead of Medicare and Medicaid Agency

5 hours ago

First California EV Mandates Hit Automakers This Year. Most Are Not Even Close

Help continue the work that gets you the news that matters most.

Search

Send this to a friend