Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility
CVS Stops Sale of Heartburn Drugs With Suspect Contaminant
gvw_ap_news
By Associated Press
Published 6 years ago on
September 30, 2019

Share

CVS has halted sales of popular heartburn treatment Zantac and the store generic version after warnings by U.S. health regulators.

CVS said customers who bought Zantac products can return them for a refund. The retailer will continue to sell other heartburn medications such as Pepcid.
CVS is the latest retailer to pull the heartburn tablets from store shelves. Earlier this month, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration warned consumers about a potentially dangerous contaminant in prescription and over-the-counter versions of Zantac.
In its announcement this weekend, CVS said customers who bought Zantac products can return them for a refund. The retailer will continue to sell other heartburn medications such as Pepcid.
Some manufacturers of the drug have stopped distribution. Health officials say concerned patients should consult their doctor.

DON'T MISS

Politics Turns Ugly for a Conservative Running for Fresno State Student Body President

UP NEXT

Trump Proposes Tax Deduction for Auto Loan Interest on US-Made Cars

Order That Kept Water in the Kern River Reversed by 5th District Court of Appeal

1 hour ago

As Dem Candidates for Governor Increase, They Wait for Harris to Decide

2 hours ago

Politics Turns Ugly for a Conservative Running for Fresno State Student Body President

Carlie Hall, a candidate for Fresno State student body president, did not realize receiving an endorsement from state Assemblymember David T...

7 minutes ago

7 minutes ago

Politics Turns Ugly for a Conservative Running for Fresno State Student Body President

U.S. Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth attends a joint news conference with Japan's Defense Minister Gen Nakatani at the Ministry of Defense in Tokyo Sunday, March 30, 2025. (Kiyoshi Ota/Pool Photo via AP)
14 minutes ago

Pentagon’s Watchdog to Review Hegseth’s Use of Signal App to Convey Plans for Houthi Strike

President Donald Trump holds a signed executive order during an event to announce new tariffs in the Rose Garden of the White House, Wednesday, April 2, 2025, in Washington. (AP/Evan Vucci)
1 hour ago

President Trump’s Tariffs Could Be the Political Tipping Point

1 hour ago

Order That Kept Water in the Kern River Reversed by 5th District Court of Appeal

2 hours ago

As Dem Candidates for Governor Increase, They Wait for Harris to Decide

2 hours ago

No More Calling ‘Shotgun?’ CA Could Ban Teens From Riding in Front Seat

On April 5th, the "Hands Off!" group will hold an international protest, including a Fresno demonstration at Fashion Fair Mall, urging Donald Trump and Elon Musk to stop their influence over vital social programs and rights. (Hands Off!)
2 hours ago

Protests Planned All Over the World Aimed at Donald Trump and Elon Musk

A for sale sign stands outside a home on the market in the Alamo Placita neighborhood Tuesday, Aug. 27, 2024, in central Denver. (AP File)
2 hours ago

Average US Rate on a 30-Year Mortgage Dips to 6.64% for the Second Drop in 2 Weeks

Help continue the work that gets you the news that matters most.

Search

Send this to a friend