The way the Big Ten Network analysts see it, the Fresno State defense must contain the two big players in Minnesota’s offense when the teams collide Saturday night at Bulldog Stadium.
Powering the Golden Gophers are tailback Rodney Smith, who has 3,051 career rushing yards, and wide receiver Rashod Bateman. Bateman totaled 132 yards receiving and a touchdown catch in last week’s 28-21 victory come-from-behind victory by Minnesota over South Dakota State.
Minnesota (1-0) has won a nation-leading 16 straight non-conference games heading into the Bulldogs (0-1) home opener.
Watch: The Players Powering Minnesota’s Offense
What You Need to Know About the Fresno State Fan Experience
The Fresno State athletic department is going the extra mile to enhance the affordability and fun of attending a football game in person.
A rundown of what’s new and what fans need to know is at this link from gobulldogs.com.
Watch: CBS Sports Network (channel guide)
• Play-by-Play: Rich Waltz; Analyst: Aaron Murray; Sideline: John Schriffen
Radio: 940 AM ESPN Radio
• Gameday Live (4:30 p.m. PT); Pregame Show (6:30 p.m. PT)
• Play-by-Play: Paul Loeffler; Analyst: Pat Hill; Sideline: Cameron Worrell; Pregame/Halftime: Christopher Gabriel
Social Media: Twitter: @FresnoStateFB | Instagram:@fresno_state_football | Facebook: Fresno State Athletics | YouTube: FresnoStateAthletics
Live Stats: http://www.sidearmstats.com/fresnostate/football/
— Fresno State Bulldogs (@FSAthletics) September 6, 2019
Fresno State Record: 22-7 (3rd season)
Career Record: 104-64 (14th season)
Alma Mater: Fresno State (1992)
Minnesota Record: 13-13 (3rd season)
Career Record: 43-35 (7th season)
Alma Mater: Northern Illinois (1999)
- Season tickets, starting as low as $99 – link
- 4-game mini-plan (Minnesota plus 3 games) – link
- 3-game mini plan – link
- Group ticket discounts and tailgate space – link
- $79 Bulldog Pass for faculty, staff, young alumni – link
- Mad Duck 10-Pack – link
- Single-game tickets for all six home games – link
The Bulldog ticket office (2650 E. Shaw Ave.) is located on the Northeast corner of the Save Mart Center and the entrance is marked by a red awning labeled “Bulldog Ticket Office.” The ticket office is open 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. every business day.