Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility
US Withdrawing All Forces From Syria, WSJ Reports
Reuters logo
By Reuters
Published 47 minutes ago on
February 18, 2026

A U.S. military vehicle moves on a road on the day of a meeting between the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) leaders and U.S. military leaders, in Deir Hafer, Syria. January 16, 2026. (Reuters File)

Share

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

The United States is in the process of withdrawing all of its roughly 1,000 troops from Syria, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday, citing three U.S. officials.

Reuters could not immediately verify the report.

Last week, the U.S. military said it completed a withdrawal from a strategic base in Syria, handing it over to Syrian forces, in the latest sign of strengthening U.S.-Syrian ties that could enable an even larger American drawdown.

The Journal said that troops will withdraw from the remaining U.S. locations in Syria over the next two months.

(Reporting by Mrinmay Dey in Mexico City, Editing by Franklin Paul)

RELATED TOPICS:

Search

Help continue the work that gets you the news that matters most.

Send this to a friend