This is an update.
Sierra Vista cinemas Director of Marketing Catherine DePrima emailed this update to GV Wire℠:
“We were SO excited, we spoke too soon. Best laid plans. . . It looks like we may not make our July 1st opening after all. We’re terribly sorry for any inconvenience our enthusiasm may have caused you and hope to have good news soon. Thank you for your patience, and watch this page for updates!”
The original story continues below.
In a little more than two weeks, Regal Edwards Cinemas will open. That’s about all we know.
The theater chain didn’t reveal much else in a one-line post on Instagram: “Reopening July 10.”
The first movie to roll will be “‘Tenet” followed by “Mulan” on July 24.
As previously reported by GV Wire℠, Maya Cinemas CEO Francisco Schlotterbeck says the chain plans to have all of its theaters, including the one at Campus Pointe, open by Wednesday, July 1.
Families and friends can sit together. A ticket algorithm will automatically space people out in the theater, which will be limited to 25% capacity in each theater.
Sierra Vista Cinemas
Catherine DePrima, director of marketing for Sierra Vista Cinemas tells GV Wire℠ by email, “We’re shooting to open next Wednesday, July 1st.”
Some of the protocols moviegoers must follow include:
- Per CDC recommendations, guests are asked to wear facemasks in all areas of the theater except when seated in the auditorium or eating.
- Seating will be scattered to maintain social distancing between parties.
- Soda and popcorn refills are temporarily suspended.
- All employees will wear face masks and gloves.
- Employees will be screened for COVID related symptoms before starting their shifts.
- Acrylic shields will be used to maintain separation where 6 feet of social distancing cannot be achieved.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures include frequent cleaning of common touchpoints.
- Hand sanitizer stations placed throughout theaters.