Metalachi is the world’s first and only metal mariachi band.
And it has two ties to Fresno.
One, it is playing tonight at The Big Fresno Fair on the Pavilion Stage at 8:30.
Two, El Cucuy, whose title with the band is “Master of Trumpets,” lived in Fresno when he was a teenager.
Here are some other Metalachi facts:
- Established in 2010, the group covered Black Sabbath’s “Iron Man” dubbing it “Iron Tapatio.”
- Acclaimed as one of “The Hardest Working Bands” because they perform 150-200 shows a year
- They have a music presence internationally and nationally
- In 2015, Metalachi was voted through to the second round of NBC’s “America’s Got Talent.”
- The band has a craft beer named after it, which makes sense because Metalachi plays at a lot of beer fests.
- Metalachi has two albums (“Uno” and “Dos”) and has started on their third (“Tres”).
- Metalachi’s music has impressed many in the music industry and big-name musicians are known to join them on stage. Will it happen tonight?